Tuesday, January 26, 2010

An Oh Good Day


Yesterday was my BIG 24th Birthday!! It seriously was the best day EVER! And I will tell you why...


To start off the day we got to go to the doctors office and see our cute growing baby inside of me. It was amazing to watch it move and wiggle around, and so reassuring to see its healthy heart and know that everything is normal and okay. We also found out that we are having a BOY!! It was quite the shock because everyone "knew" we were having a girl, but we seriously couldn't be more thrilled to start our family with a boy!


After work Danny took me to Texas Roadhouse, which by the way is my new favorite restaurant! How come no one told me what I have been missing out on?? Those amazing rolls, delicious salad, LOADED potatoes and a tender steak... I can taste it right now! If you haven't been, you need to go... its changed my life. To finish off the day we had to get in a few games of Ticket To Ride. It is the funnest board game! We are addicted, and its well worth all the countless hours we have spent playing it.


So I can honestly say that I don't know anyone that has had a better birthday than the one I just had. If all I did was go to my doctors appointment, it still would've been the best day. I can't express enough how grateful I am that we are going to have a healthy baby. I am also so thankful for my husband who made everything perfect today. I love being married to my best friend, and couldn't ask for a better partner in life and dad to our future kids. Life is the greatest.

11 comments:

XO said...

Did they make you ride the "bull" at Texas Roadhouse? I agree they have awesome rolls, but I don't think I'd ever go there for my birthday just because of that....unless I knew whoever I was with could keep my b'day a secret.

I'm so happy for you guys, you are already awesome parents for how much you love eachother. Sorry we won't find out what we're having, just don't name yours Jake. I'm liking that name this time around...

Unknown said...

I LOVED having a boy first! Everyone secretly wants a girl first for some reason or another. But, boys are just too much fun! They are so simple... is all they need is t-shirts and jeans and a toy car to go brooom brooooom with! You guys will LOVE it! Happy Birthday! I love having good birthdays!!

jayni & ben said...

We are both having boys. That is fun. I am so excited. I swear everyone is having a girl. Congrats!!!

Jan/Mom/Gma Vogie said...

Reading your blog today was like watching a Hallmark commercial... I'm all teared-eyed as I forsee the "happily ever after" ending! :)

Ashley said...

WOOT WOOT! I think that's all I have to say...

Watkins said...

YAY! SO EXCITING! I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET THE LITTLE GUY! MARCUS MIGHT BE JEALOUS FOR A WHILE THAT YOU ARE HAVING A BOY, BUT HOPEFULLY HE WILL GET OVER IT SOON! CONGRATS TO HEALTHY BOY!

Erin said...

Oh the big 24!! And a BOY to top it off!! I'm so happy for you guys - you look great!:)

Ashlee said...

YAY! A boy! That is just sooo exciting! Looks like you had a great birthday! We need to meet up sometime... maybe at texas roadhouse??

Richelle Johnson said...

Congrats! Boys are so fun!

G'ma Elko said...

I am just getting this blog? What am I doing wrong??? Anyway, sounds like you had a GREAT birthday, I'm glad, :O) I'm so excited for you.... being a mom is awesome (even when days are hard) and after many years you get to have your "cake and eat it too" with being a G'ma!!! Wow, talk about an amazing plan! A big CONGRATULATIONS to you and Danny and happy belated birthday. Love ya LOTS!

XO said...

WE NEED SOME BELLY PICTURES!!!! 25 weeks and I don't even know how cute you are. Lame.