Monday, December 5, 2011

BFA Show

This is a long overdue shout-out to my amazing husband for putting on his BFA (Bachelor in Fine Arts) Show! He is basically graduated, just needs to finish his website, and I am still trying to talk him into walking in the Spring. Tens of thousands of years going to UVU (really 8 years on and off, but still) and changing your major five times calls for a big celebration! This needs to happen!
At his Art Show he displayed 6 caricatures and 6 portraits. This is a caricature of my Uncle Craig who started Gandolfos, this was one of my favorites! The detail in the background and props are a lot of fun, especially the dead Yankee player that he is stepping on, GO METS! :)

I am so proud of Dan for finally getting here! It has been amazing to watch him grow and improve with every picture he has drawn and painted. Just when I think he can't get any better he does! I am also happy that I don't have to deal with having an art studio in my front living room anymore, but I am more happy that all his hard work is paying off and that he was able to share this wonderful talent with family and friends.

3 comments:

Jobi Niu said...

OH MY GOSH!! He is SOOOO talented! There is a guy that was in our ward in California, who is an artist as well. He does illustrations for children's books, designs video games, etc. he makes A LOT of money! I LOVE the work your hubby has done. What a great accomplishment.

XO said...

I wish we could have been there, but thanks for sharing what you did with us while we were in Utah. Maybe I should do a course in Creative Writing so that I can finish some of my projects and we can get a book out together. Geez - I can't tell you how many scraps of paper I have with children's book ideas.
Also - Joel didn't walk for his undergrad - he figured since he was just going to keep on going in school, what was the point. I'm hoping he will walk for med school though - like you said - 8 years is a reason to CELEBRATE!!!

Unknown said...

Walk you bumb... I didn't want to either but I'm glad I did. You don't spend that much time and money not to seal the deal... Plus are you really going to take that moment away from Gwen and Vaughn... Congrats man..

Aaron