Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Dentist

I hate the dentist.  Wait let me rephrase that, I love what dentists do but I hate how it has to be done.  I just have never been comfortable sitting in that chair with the bright light shining in my mouth and up my nose, feeling paranoid that there might be something they can see up there!  I always wear black.  I learned in High School, when I used to sweat from being nervous, that black is the best color to wear to hide your sweat.  It is disgusting, but true.  I bet Jennifer Anniston got the 411 on that.  Anyways, the gum check is the worst part of the appointment, I always wonder how annoyed the assistant must get with me ever time my body flinches and I make a face that says, "That hurt."  I guess the point I am trying to get across is that I do not enjoy going to the dentist at all, but I truly do appreciate all that they do for my mouth.  

5 comments:

XO said...

I haven't been to the dentist in five years.

Penn and Kass said...

I hate the dentist too! I'm doing good. We bought a house in Lehi. No kids yet. We are just lovin life! How are you?

Mark andTiffani said...

Heather what a fun night! Add me to your list please!

Jan/Mom/Gma Vogie said...

I'm so disappointed that there isn't a picture of you in the dentist chair with your mouth open and your hands clenched into fists and your black shirt with the sweaty armpits...yeah, I know...I've been there with you before!! :)

Dan and Heather said...

I was going to call, but I think I will wait for my March appointment when I get my cavity filled...hold my hand?