Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Our Miracle is One

I can't believe that a year ago today I was 32 weeks pregnant and rushing to the hospital because I was in labor. I am amazed when I look back on inspired doctors and nurses that did things they felt was right to help save our little guy. This last year has been crazy and very hard at times, but has been worth every second to have Gabe in our lives. He is an absolute blessing. 

This was him a year ago today.

This is him today.

When I think of all that we went through with him I still get emotional. Having him in the NICU for 5 weeks was the hardest thing I have ever been through. I am very grateful that I am fortunate to live in this day and age with so much knowledge and technology. I wouldn't have any kids today without the hospitals, doctors, and information that we have now. Neither of them would've made it without all of these amazing tools and things we have. I am feeling very blessed today. I am so grateful for all that I have, especially my family. Happy Birthday Gabe! We love you FOREVER!

5 comments:

Jan/Mom/Gma Vogie said...

G'ma Vogie loves you forever too!!
Happy Birthday sweet boy!
xoxo

jayni & ben said...

He is just so stinking handsome!!

andrew and brittani said...

Such a cutie!!

Hollie said...

I get choked up reading this! He's such a trooper and a handsome guy!

XO said...

Looks like I missed some of your blogs. I seriously love your kids...and I miss you somethin' fierce.